Work Permit Visa
Work Permit, or a Work Visa, is issued to eligible overseas individuals to work in that country for a specific time period. A visa is an official stamp in your passport authorizing you to travel, work, or study in that country for a specified length of time. All countries, including the US, require a work permit visa for foreign workers; employers will not hire you without one.
For select countries, short-term work permit visas are available by application. In other cases, such as for long-term employment, foreign employers will need to apply for the visa on your behalf. Student work exchange programs can legally assist students in obtaining a short-term work permit visa. Unpaid internships and volunteer positions may or may not require a work permit, depending on the host country's regulations.
People need to apply for a Work Visa only after getting a job offer or an employment contract from a particular country employer. The employer must obtain from ESD (Employment and Social Development) an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment), which gives them permission to recruit foreign skilled workers for occupations that cannot be filled in by citizens or permanent residents of Country.
Work Permit Visa allows business people, permanent workers, temporary workers, students and others to work in abroad. Typically, applicants need to have a job offer in hand in order to apply for the work permit visa. With our end-to-end overseas career solutions, we can help you find a job and apply for a Work Permit Visa.
It’s always safe to assume that you’ll need a visa, especially if you’ll be traveling for a purpose other than tourism. Check out the visa requirements for specific countries by checking with the embassy or consulate of the country you will be visiting.
Eligibility For Canada Work Permit Visa
Applicants need to show proof that they are eligible to take up the job offer. To apply for a Work Permit from India, you need to meet certain requirements. Documents need to be submitted in either English.
The Work Permit Visa is ideal for temporary workers, foreign graduates from the abroad universities, businessmen and others who need to work in abroad.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Give proof to an officer that you will move out of Country on the expiry of your Work Permit.
- Have documents showing that you have enough funds to support yourself and your family during your stay in Country.
- Have no record of any criminal activity and submit a police clearance certificate as proof.
- Are not a danger to Country’s security
- Must have good health and take a medical exam if required
- Have no plans to work for an employer listed as ineligible by the government because they failed to comply with certain conditions
- Have no plans to work for an employer who offers erotic dance, escort services, striptease, or erotic massages
- Must be ready to provide any documents demanded by officers to qualify your entry to Country
Documents Required To Apply For Work Permit Visa
- A valid passport with a validity of more than 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Country.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience
- Proof of having adequate financial resources to cover their expenses during their stay in Country
- Medical examination required to be done from registered hospitals
- Application fee